Information about training available at the Open University may be found on the University's Training and Development pages.
A site has also been created on the OU's intranet for DTP students which lists useful resources and training opportunities.
Headline learning topics:
- What is a PhD? (incl. The supervisory relationship)
- Starting your research (incl. Scoping your research, Research questions, Approaches to research)
- Organising your research (incl. Project planning, Time management, Skills audit and PDP, Research data management)
- Literature review (incl. Reviewing academic literature, Writing a literature review, Developing academic literacy)
- Professional Academic Communication in English (PACE)
- Professional conduct (incl. Ethics, Risk assessment, Health & Safety in the Lab, Health & safety for fieldwork and travel)
- Teaching skills (Skills and learning outcomes in HE; Small group work; Learning theory, diversity and inclusion)
- Intellectual property
- Career development (Enhance your employability, Finding employment after a PhD, CVs, Job interviews)
- OU Student-authored (Employability and job-hunting, Hardware and software, Wellbeing and mental health, Practical advice on the supervisory relationship).
Email GSNfirstname.lastname@example.org for access to OU online training material.