The Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) is available to all ESRC-funded Grand Union DTP studentship holders, and is a flexible fund to which students can apply for support for a range of expenses related to their research.
The types of expenses which may be supported through the scheme include:
- UK fieldwork expenses
- conferences and summer schools
- language training courses usually undertaken in the UK prior to an overseas fieldwork trip
- reimbursement of interpreters, guides, assistants
- survey costs eg printing, stationery, telephone calls
- purchase of small items of equipment eg cameras, tape recorders, films, cassettes
- gifts for local informants
- books and other reading material not available through libraries
To apply for funding you must submit an application at least 4 weeks in advance of any costs being incurred. Please ensure you read the guidelines for further details on the scheme and applying for support.
RTSG Guidance 2018-19
GUDTP Additional Funding Application Form
For Oxford students submitting applications for costs prior to January 2019, details for the 2017-18 guidance is available below.
Oxford Reimbursement Process 2017-18