When: Wednesday 4th November 2020 9:30am-12:30pm
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/126062567533
'Impacting Large Organisations' will equip social scientists (PhD and ECR level) in preparing to influence and impact large organisations.
This session will help you navigate both the formal and informal funding structures of large organisations. It will cover:
• Why organisations need social science research
• The research basis of a large organisation - and why research makes them 'tick'
• The 'problems' these organisations need solving - and how to 'frame' your own social science research
• Impact literature - current examples and thinking
• How social scientists navigate large organisations - using relationship-based techniques
• Key tools to use - stakeholder mapping, pitching and case studies
The session will be delivered by Dr Matthew Donaghy who has held a number of senior roles in the NHS, Deloitte and the House of Commons.
**The deadline for expressions of interest for this training session is 1 November 2020. Please note that registering your interest does not guarantee you a place. Places for this training are limited and each institution will allocate places on competitive basis if demand exceeds availability.